Our neurological rehabilitation program is a sub-acute level of care with 10 dedicated beds and a length of stay up to 3 months. All patients admitted to the program receive Individualized skilled Occupational, Physical, and Speech Therapy offered up to 7 days a week based on your individual needs and goals up to 3 hours a day. This program is designed to treat adults with CVAs, mild Brain Injuries, Parkinson’s disease and other neurological illnesses resulting in residual deficits and disability.
We recognize that the effects of these conditions result in loss of function and disability that is overwhelming to the individual and his/her family. Our program is designed to provide patient-centered rehabilitation strategies tailored to the unique needs of each patient to achieve significant and meaningful functional improvements. We focus on increasing level of independence, community re-entry and overall quality of life.
General Goals of the North Westchester Neurological Rehabilitation Program
- Restore physical & cognitive skills needed for independence and function
- Regain mobility by building strength and balance
- Improve speech and swallowing
- Manage tone & spasticity to promote functional use of affected extremities
- Provide extensive patient and family education and training
- Facilitate smooth transition to the community